Sunday 25 January 2015

Sustainable Sunday: Yes, I am guilty

Yes, I was the one who ate the banana today in the morning, together with the two kiwis and the orange.
I was the one who bought frozen berries for making a blueberry smoothie with coconut milk.
I was also the one who killed the pomegranate to enjoy the sweet taste of the south.
Yes, I am guilty.

Always talking about what you should do and what you shouldn't do. Everyone does it, we do it. But today I want to start right here. With me. 

I don't eat meat or fish and I refuse cakes with gelatin. I'm thinking a lot about what I eat. Especially where my food comes from, if it is organic or not. I'm sure that I pay more for my food than many of my friends do just for getting quality. And I'm trying to help other people to do so, with this blog for example.

But still, I want to be honest. I'm not a saint, nobody is. This recent post from DariaDaria made me think and gave me the idea – no, the push – for this post. So I wanted to tell the truth and to make it clear: 
Also I buy sometimes electronic stuff produced in China. Also I have pants for twenty Euros and bras for ten. Also I eat bananas or drink orange juice. 

What I want to say is that I don't write this post or this entire blog because I am good and there is so much bad outside. I know that I could do so much more for "a better world and planet" and that I have blotted my copybook.

BUT. I made a start for me. And I want to encourage you to do the same. To think of where the stuff you eat comes from. To reduce your buying habits a little bit and start getting more second hand or fair-trade. These are just little steps, but if everyone does them, they grow and grow.

We can do it together :)
Credits:
Idea, Text, Photos: Diana Ranegger

0 comments:

Post a Comment